Cork Wall

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome.
Cork over, drywall, plaster, studs, siding, etc?

I did a cork tile wall maybe 40+ years ago in my sons room. I put it up with contact cement and thought at the time I hope I never have to remove it.

Depends on what the product was and what the wall is made from and what type of glue was used.

Grab a 4" putty knife and go at it. You may end up needing to redo the wall behind it. If drywall or plaster at least skim coating it.

I did a cork tile wall maybe 40+ years ago in my sons room. I put it up with contact cement and thought at the time I hope I never have to remove it.

Depends on what the product was and what the wall is made from and what type of glue was used.

Grab a 4" putty knife and go at it. You may end up needing to redo the wall behind it. If drywall or plaster at least skim coating it.
Thanks. Yes, I'd say this is about 40 yrs. old. Cork is sort of brittle. I appreciate the response.

Ya it was the thing back then. They also did it in offices and thumb tacked little project cards on large cork boards. Kind of like post-it notes.

Sometimes you just need to make a mess to get to an end result.

The worst thing that could happen is you would have to redo the drywall.

Back