Cost of Gas Furnace Installation?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gumbar1024

Reaction score
I just had an estimate for replacing my old oil furnace with a new 85% efficient gas furnace and a separate hot water tank. The lower end was somewhere around 7,600 (6 year 40 gal water tank). The higher end was a more efficient water tank with a lifetime warranty and it's around 9,400. Both estimates include removal of my old oil tank and the old oil furnace. Is this a fair estimate? I feel like its really over-priced. But I know nothing about this stuff, so I'm looking for some expertise here.

Thanks!

It it to much? Who knows. Did he quote enough? Who knows. Without knowing where you are located, what kind of company this is, what the installation conditions are, what the degree of difficulty is, the type of unit and what is required to hook up to your existing system, it's almost like guessing, how long is a string.

I'd suggest taking the scope of work provided in his written proposal and calling 2 more companies and get comparable bids.

Back