I thought my DCB106 charger had gone bad and died. On a closer look, I see that the contacts are now badly corroded. We had a volcanic eruption that lasted for about 3 months, yeah we live in Leilani Estates, HI. The occasional inundations of SOx gasses has affected many metallic items around our home, the contacts on this charger being one of them. By inserting and removing the batteries a number of times, they will eventually begin charging. It seems to wear through the corrosion and make contact. I'm thinking that the corrosion will interfere with the amount of charge placed on the batteries. I'm looking for a least damaging way to clean the contacts, then possibly lube them with a dielectric grease to protect them. Ideas?