Drive-In Theater

Help Support House Repair Talk:

Joey_Jr

Reaction score
How about a drive-in theater in the garage?? You could put a screen on the wall that the car faces and sit in your car to watch the movie, like the old days! My project car that I keep in the garage in a convertible so it's a perfect idea for me! Thought I'd share...

A

Animal

Sounds like you don't get out much that way...I'd rather sit on my recliner.
We had a projection TV at the lake house once. All the boaters would stop in our bay to watch Caddyshack...or whatever was on.:D

Eddie_V

Reaction score
Sounds like you don't get out much that way...I'd rather sit on my recliner.
We had a projection TV at the lake house once. All the boaters would stop in our bay to watch Caddyshack...or whatever was on.:D
How cool is that!

nonhog

Reaction score
I go back and forth about using a screen that comes down or a nice size of wall board w/o texture . THe screen would be nice as it could go in front of
peg board or something like that.

SlowRollin'

Reaction score
Formica in Designer White or Fashion Grey is great for film if you can limit the amount of ambient light - viewing at night is best. Formica can be purchased from Lowe's/HD for about $60 for a 8' by 5' sheet.

I placed a screen I made with Designer White next to my Dal-Tile screen and the quality if very similar; price is much different.

Add a projector and a cheap DVD player and your in business. We show movies in the driveway during Halloween for the kids in the neighborhood.

A

Admin

Amazing. I thought I was being clever by using a projector on a white wall. You got that thing nailed down.

janellelk

Reaction score
LOVE IT! My friends have a similar set up to the backyard home theater idea, except a lot less polished. What an awesome idea!

Chris

Administrator
Reaction score
That is a sweet set up but I am thinking the garage set up would also be nice. I have a projector I bought last year just because it was on sale and a nice wireless surround sound. Mayb I will come up with something.

Rusty

Flooring installer
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
We still have a drive-in theater. Actually 2 within an hour of here.