Driveway Repair

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanMark

Reaction score
I need to fix some holes in my driveway. While I was at Lowes I noticed the had QPR in bags so I bought some. Once I got home I looked at reviews and found this stuff doesnt harden for like 4 months. Even suggests to put portland cement on top.
Sounds very messy. Should I just take it back? Is there a better product to use? I,m worried about it getting tracked into house.:mad:

So, what does the "Queens Park Rangers", "QPR", charge for driveway repairs?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_134917-36498-MRN12_0__?productId=3656652

It looks like cold patch to me and it will work and it can make a mess. I would tamp it in the holes and then run it in with the car tires and then put sand on it to soak up the tar on the top. After a few weeks sweep it off good and put some driveway sealer over it or do the whole drive way if it needs recoated.

Chances are next spring the pot holes will start coming back.

I filled a bunch of holes in the driveway at my mountain house back in 2012 with cold patch with some dirt on it, a year later a resealed the driveway and sold the place a couple months ago and it still looked great.

On jobsite I occasionally fill patches with concrete then use a driveway sealer on top and you can barely tell the difference but it is much harder.

i have same question here Is that a cold patch asphalt?

Yes it is a cold patch product though they make one you can heat up. I,m kind of leaning towards cement as I,m fearful this stuff wont harden and I,ll get a mess through the house.

Concrete is easy and less messy. Will cost a bit more if you plan on surfacing it.

Back