Fandalier

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mb5

Reaction score
Question you all. Existing. Ceiling fan minus light but had dimmer switches for fan also if we installed new fan with light it was ready to go.

Now we presently are installing a fandalier with remote control which dimmer switch cannot be used with. Issue is wired up new fandalier but light and fan do not work now. Into the power side of transmitter in light I have 120v but no operation. What could I be missing. I have wire from Existing dimmer switch for fan and light separately wired nutted up in box in Ceiling as well as neutral is wire nutted separately. But like I said I still don't have operation of new fan and light with remote control. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

I have to admit I didn’t know what a fandailer was.

So I looked it up and found one on line.

My guess is the old fan control on the wall is fighting the new electronics built into the fan and its remote system.

I would get rid of that fan control and just put a on/off switch in its place.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum

I too had to look it up.

anyway I agree with Bud. I would not use the dimmer.. Just install a regular single pole switch.

Did the fan unit come with instructions? If it did can yu take a photo of it and post it. Also maybe a photo of the fan ceiling box and switch box so we can see the wire setups. This may help. Just don't disconnect wires to do so.

Back