Fixing a bad color stain to concrete floor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriskohm2

Reaction score
I tried my hand at staining a concrete floor recently. Grinding the floor down went great. I purchased a solid color stain (which went on much like paint and not a stain- and therein lies my problem) when I should have known better because the type of look I was going for was that marbled stain look. Now I have a solid grey floor...looks like an industrial floor when I wanted something for a family room.
My question is, can I add a semi transparent grey acid stain to the top of this or do I need to grind off the layer of solid stain and start over to get the look I’m wanted initially? Or is there another alternative to fixing this ugly mistake.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 81119C5A-04B8-406C-AFA4-AB73696F278B.jpeg
    81119C5A-04B8-406C-AFA4-AB73696F278B.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 4
You could try your hand at a faux finish, over what you've already applied. Check out a few You-Tube videos to get some ideas and techniques.

Something like this, but there are unlimited ideas on you tube.

Last edited:
Using the same material, just different shades.

There are several different patterns of rollers which you can use. There is a learning curve, and/or you can also try ragging as an application.

Back