Floors

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coltleader

Reaction score
Where I live in Texas is extremely hot and humid. I am wanting to switch from carpet to wood flooring and I have two questions. Where should I get the flooring? I have heard of floorstoyourhome.com but I would like for someone who has used them to give me a review. My second question is that I am wondering if there is a certain floor coatings you guys would recommend? Also, which ones should I stay away from?

Floor for the garage or home? I would say a composite (like pergo) that is a full float floor over the recommended sheeting is a great way to go. I installed some in the man cave in the basement where I was having an issue with stick on tiles bunching up. I needed a smooth floor so I could sweep up (I hand load ammunition). It is thin, easy to install and floats (so it can grow and move some with out binding). It killed my radial arm saw blade, so it should last forever. I found a style that was being discontinued (and discounted) a stop at a few stores netted enough material to complete my job for cheap.

That stuff really killed your blade? Wow!

Toward the end of the job, each slice was taking longer and there were occasional sparks!?! I guess the 30 year warranty coating is made up of diamond dust or titanium. After the job the blade would smoke getting through a pine 2x4. Learned later that it is common practice to get a cheap blade for these jobs and pitch it afterwards.

Good to know. I never would have thunk that stuff would ruin a blade!

Very nice! Also, a very nice gun collection. Please tell me you have them secure from thieves and kids?

That is the inside of my walk in vault.

Latest posts

Back