Gap under fence on a slope

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayres_07

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to this forum so apologize in advance if this is not the right place to post this. I am wondering what to do to seal a gap under my fence which is on a sloped ground and next to the steps in my backyard. The soil from my neighbors backyard is seeping through this hole (maybe dig by squirrel or raccoons). Any idea on what are the options to fix this?Here are couple of pics showing the situation .

C140114D-9771-4135-87A8-92EBE2CAAD20.jpeg53A4A9FE-79A6-4A3E-879B-8455C44C901B.jpeg

TIA

Attachments

• DF6C26E2-824C-4FF1-9314-B446380C59EA.jpeg
    DF6C26E2-824C-4FF1-9314-B446380C59EA.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 12
Will the neighbor let you get at it from his side?

Looks like someone tried to fix it once with some concrete.

I think I would dig it out on the other side then form your side and mix a few bags of redi-mix concrete and pour it in from the other side. Chip out that patch along with the dirt.

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Will the neighbor let you get at it from his side?

Looks like someone tried to fix it once with some concrete.

I think I would dig it out on the other side then form your side and mix a few bags of redi-mix concrete and pour it in from the other side. Chip out that patch along with the dirt.

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:
Thanks but involving the neighbor is a little more involved (but I can consider it too as a last resort and if I have a solid plan). Any ideas to fix it from my side? It does seems someone at one time even put a few concrete blocks. I was wondering if I can somehow use a few bricks or concrete block from my side?

Sure you could. Are you in an area where you get freezing temps?

If you dig back and set bricks in cutting them as required and holding them together with mortar mix you could plug the holes. It might not hold up depending on what pressure is on the other side.

Worth a try.

Back