Garage Bathrooms

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the bathroom nearly done finally. I still need to finish the edge of the countertop, I want to enclose the sink in a cabinet to hide the plumbing.

I also want to do something with the water heater. I want to wait and see how hot it gets when I am using it to decide how and if I can enclose it in some kind of vented cabinetry.

I also need to tile the floor. right now the water table is still too high I want to wait until this fall when it drys out a bit with luck before I put the floor down. I put down some of the stuff we put in our rec room downstairs for temporary something to walk on. I have some more I may finish out the floor with it just so it looks good for temporary or I may not. anyway here are some progress picks.

Picture023.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Looks great...add a microwave and you got a complete home there!

OK, NOW I'm totally impressed! :thumbsup:

Regarding your plastic sink basin in the bathroom, have you considered looking for stainless steel or cast iron? The reason for asking is when I rebuilt my garage, the only sink available without dropping mega bucks was that same sink, so that is exactly what I have.

I'm really unhappy with it....it feels cheap, it flexes, it stains easy, it sounds like water dripping into a plastic bucket when using, the legs fall out, the screws exposed on top look tacky, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas on how or where to locate a better sink without having to cash in a CD?

the sink is the only sink in the shop so it will need to be used for hand washing, parts washing, dog water etc. so I wanted a deep sink like that and thats the only one I found that fit the needs at the time. I may replace it some day, and I intend to finish it out so it looks better but we will see I may hate it some day too. next goal is to make some form of a backsplash. I am thinking of painted plexiglass or something. have to think about it some more before I decide.

I recently went to an appliance junkyard and they had a stainless steel deep well sink, with a built in backsplash. It was very used, and they still wanted $200 for it. In retrospect, I probably should have picked it up.

I also found that Sam's Club (on line shopping) has cheap, Chinese stainless steel sinks for about that same price, but being Chinese, they are probably made out of lead. Since I buy American, I'll just have to wait a bit myself!

How many of you guys have bathrooms in your garages? Do you think it is a good or bad idea?

Does putting in a bathroom require a lot of work? I just want a toilet and a sink in there. No tub or shower.
I am kind of new here, but I think that it is a very good idea. I had them put the rough plumbing in when I built my Garage. Then I built a frame around it and sheet rocked it. Installed a toilet, and a cabinet with an extra large mop-sink. A very handy thing and the builder started offering it as an option on the other houses he builds. While you are waiting to install it, wash your greasy hands in the kitchen sink a few times and your wife will like it too.

As to zoning, if they give you grief, tell them that you may want to install a swimming pool and you want a pool bath.

I have one of these...http://www.incinolet.com/. I bought it off of ebay (expensive but works great) for my cottage, since I didn't have a bathroom and the old outhouse finally rotted out. Used it for 3 yrs., tore down the cottage and built my house. Now will install it back in my mancave garage. Also used all the knotty pine paneling from the interior of the cottage to make my walls and cabinets in the garage.

So where are the pics of the GOOD magazines!

So where are the pics of the GOOD magazines!

naturally I assume you mean the Quadratec catalog and JP magazine. My son keeps those in the house in the downstairs library I mean bathroom.

naturally I assume you mean the Quadratec catalog and JP magazine. My son keeps those in the house in the downstairs library I mean bathroom.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't do without my bathroom in the garage building. When I am outside working in the building, it is so convenient. It keeps the kids out of the house also. I don't have to keep the bathroom in the building that clean either. When the wife is happy, everybodies happy.

when i built my house in 2002 my wife made me put a bathroom in the garage, best thing i ever did.

I would like to bookmark the page so I can come back here to read that you did a great job.

Back