Heat entering house from rooftop ac intake vent.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Dahlgren

Reaction score

• Thank You in Advance for your help. I just moved into a new condo. We have 2 zones. 1 upstairs 1 down. There is a air intake, I think it is called, when air conditioning is on it pulls air into it. It is a very large hidden space behind a 4 foot tall 3 foot wide grill. There is a open void that can fit 3 of me in there and I way 230lbs, big area. I can see sunlight coming in through duct from this to the rooftop ac. My problem is that when this ac is not on there is a large amount of heat coming in through it into the house. Is this normal? Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Being as it is a condo, you need to take that up with the admin. before starting to do anything yourself. They should be able to take care of it. It could be something as simple as stuck louvers, but if it is more complicated, you don't want to be that guy who fouled up the whole building. If they are unable to stop the airflow, then you can request that they insulate your unit from the heat. No doubt that will be replaced by cold air when the seasons change.

Back