Help fixing wrought iron railing

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earl38

Reaction score
I have a wrought iron railing outside my house that becoming loose. the concrete where the railing is secured is cracking. theres 3 places where it needs to be fixed. How can i remove and replace the concrete to secure the railing? what tools/supplies would i need. any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0294 (1).JPG
    IMG_0294 (1).JPG
    103 KB · Views: 0
I have a wrought iron railing outside my house that becoming loose. the concrete where the railing is secured is cracking. theres 3 places where it needs to be fixed. How can i remove and replace the concrete to secure the railing? what tools/supplies would i need. any help would be appreciated
I would likely start with a hammer and chisel and see if I could remove the lose mortar and pieces of broken brick to allow pouring some new anchor cement into the hole. At some point I would grab my hammer drill and see if I could drill down beside the iron work to get a deeper pocket. I would use my shop-vac to suck out all the bits and when I felt I had enough removed I would mix up some Rapid Set Cement-All and pour it in to the holes.

Do a google search it is sold in the home centers and there are videos of how it is to work with.

A friend of mine in mounting a tire changer in his gas station poured melted sulfur around the bolts in drilled holes.

Latest posts

Back