Hi from Edmonton

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spirits

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have gone half time from work to see if I am ready for retirement. I'm not but the last two years I have spent researching appliances, renovations, and timeshares of all things. My DH is a retired tradesman who redid our house 25 years ago when we bought it as newlyweds. It's an extremely well built bungalow (built in the 60's) that needs to be redone while still keeping things as original as possible. The trouble was that 25 years ago it was sheet lino and off white paint. Now the choices are incredible but there is so much hype out there it's hard to seperate that from good advice. I love the research pricess but which is nicer it's great to get objective advice from those with experience not sales commission. Don't get me wrong, a good salesman is worth their weight in gold but good advice is priceless. Thanks in advance Mary

Welcome Mary:
I was building houses back then and am well aware of what you have. We used to have a thing about sheet vinyl flooring; there are plenty of patterns, the floor is solid with no joints or cracks, in ten years you can change it easily and haven't lost an arm and a leg. I wonder about some of the new materials, like granite counter tops, they cost a fortune and will never wear out, you would have to get something you want to live with forever.
Several other things are the same, I would just advise caution in selection.
Glenn

Welcome Mary, you came to the right place for idea's and information. Look fowrd to your posts and don't forget to show us some before and after pics ( we love pictures).:)

Latest posts

Back