Hot rods, and classics.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a great pic. Thanks for posting!

I had a 78 4 door Nova and a 77 F100 with a 351M/C6/9" once.... wish i'd been able to keep the truck... :(

Hey Otah I had the same truck but a 73 with a swapped in 429. Wish I would have never rolled that one.

When i do my cummins swap in my ton truck id like to keep the 460 and drop in a 78/79 F100.... :D

This is my daily driver. It has a create 350/350, Vintage Air and new aftermarket second row seats.
265.jpg

Cheers!
Mickm

I'd love a p-pump, but i'd also be very happy with a VE pump....Don't want the headache of the vp44 (24valve)

Yea---probably won't get the mpg with the p and of course U won't have the benefit of "plug and play" for any enhancements. The VP44 has dynamic timing which p-pump doesn't. Anytime U want to tune it, U gotta pull the old tool box out. But hey...........that's why they put wheels on them tool boxes right:thumbsup:

BTW.. A while back, my cousin and I shoehorned a Cat 3208 into his 98 Ram.

I'm just giving you crap... :D

I would like to see it though...

yea..hehehe..I knew that. Just the same, I got him looking for them. He reminded me we did it in 1990. Engine came out of a 46" Hatteras that went down hurricane Gloria. Boat stayed on the bottom for 36 days before the company he owns salvaged it.

I remember that we had to cut the top of the fenders to clear the heads. LOL

How did you get the hood shut? I'm thinking thats a pretty big engine....

How did you get the hood shut? I'm thinking thats a pretty big engine....

I didn't work on the project to that end. As I remember, the guy just wanted a truck that he could show off with at the tractor pulls. We had a friend that ran a spring shop in Washington D.C. (Martin & Boyd) wind a new set of springs. I think the beast weighed about 2000 lbs with turbo.

Back