how to get max. cabinet space under sink?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwood1922

Reaction score
I am starting to rough in a new 12" deep utility sink, no garbage disposal or water filter, using existing 1 1/2" copper drain, existing copper supply, and new 1 1/2" ABS vent. Plumber will set angle of p-trap arm and check everything.

What's the shortest poss. tailpiece, are there better and worse p-traps and sanitary tees for not hogging up space? Can I win any space by selecting copper or something else for these parts? These no-hub couplers and the code seem to let me pick materials almost at random for drain, waste, and vent. There was a spot in the crawlspace where copper vent pipe helped bec. nothing else would physically fit.

Rather than an off the shelf sink, have one crafted with the drain in a corner or at an end.

You tell the plumber that you want then to use the shortest tail piece possible that allows it to connect to the trap.

That would probably work, if it butted into a vent "T" and then dropped into the trap.

Can this kind of offset tailpiece can comply with code for a 2nd sink in kitchen?
http://www.elkay.com/lkad35

I'm bogged down with the cabinet for a couple of weeks so project is delayed again. But feeling hopeful that the part above can win me some space.

Back