How to reattach the base of a kitchen sink sprayer attachment

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earl38

Reaction score
I am a total newbie to home repair so I apologize if this is a foolish question. The sprayer works fine. I accidentally pulled the hose too hard and the metal ring that serves as the base of the sprayer broke off from the sink. How can I reattach it. I attached photos. I am hoping I don't need to replace the entire sink.

Attachments

• 20211001_111418.jpg
    20211001_111418.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211001_111412.jpg
    20211001_111412.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 3
Most have a threaded drop tube and nut. Looks like yours broke off and the piece should be around the hose under the sink. Best to buy a replacement part unless yours is made to be reattached to the bezel.

Here is an example of what they look like.

Pfister 961-004S Amherst 34 Series Side Spray Mounting Flange with Hardware, Stainless Steel - Faucet Flanges - Amazon.com

:welcome: to the forum.
Thanks, I actually just looked under the sink (I should have done that first lol) and I found the tube and nut still on the hose. Should I just pull the drop tube and nut up to the base then re-screw the sprayer base? is there anything else I need to do

Thanks, I actually just looked under the sink (I should have done that first lol) and I found the tube and nut still on the hose. Should I just pull the drop tube and nut up to the base then re-screw the sprayer base? is there anything else I need to do
If it is threaded into the bezel that will work. If the bezel and the drop tube were molded in one piece and it broke then it is better to buy a new one. It is likely made from PVC and could (maybe) be glued with PVC glue.

Your photos didn’t show the bottom side so we can’t tell.

Back