Information about StyroTrim?

Discussion in 'General Home Improvement Discussion' started by Wendy_Chong, Feb 15, 2007.

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
  1. Feb 15, 2007 #1

Wendy_Chong

Wendy_Chong

Wendy_Chong

:) I am getting ready to remodel my house and I want to put some trim around my windows and stuf, on the exterior of my house. I heard about this product called StyroTrim and I scanned their website, www.styrotrim.com. I like how their stuff looks but I want some other people's opinions about it. Do you think a woman would be able to put it up by herself? Would it work on a house with vinyl siding?

2. Feb 16, 2007 #2

G.C. Nailbanger

G.C. Nailbanger

G.C. Nailbanger

I've used it on quite a few houses and it is a great product, but expensive. It is light, easy to cut and install so yes a woman could install it by herself but two people would be recommended because everybody needs help with measuring and holding material no matter how light. Now as far as a house with vinyl siding, unfortunately it won't work. You could possibly make it work if you tore out the existing trim and reworked the vinyl by installing new J-channel, but it is not the easiest thing to do. In my opinion at that point you would probably be better off just residing the house.

3. May 7, 2007 #3

samanthablack

samanthablack

samanthablack

Yea styrotrim is on my home and many of my neighbors homes out here in california. great product i recomend anyone who is in the process of remodeling to pick up some of this stuff and check it out for yourselves.

4. May 8, 2007 #4

glennjanie

glennjanie

glennjanie

Welcome Wendy:
    Yes the StyroTrim is a good product just keep in mind it will have to be painted and kept painted over the years. To use it on a vinyl sided house I would hold the trim in place and mark 1/4" outside the trim. Cut the siding on this line and put J-channel on the rough edges, then put the Styro in place and fasten it. Don't let it get you down; you go girl!
    Glenn