Inside fit toilet flange, please help!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smricci9300

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am trying to get my toilet back installed after replacing my flooring.

turned out the existing flange was broken, and it was cemented PVC outside fit, around my 3” riser pipe.

I cut the top part of the flange off flush with the top of the riser, but no amount of chiseling has granted me any success to removing the rest of the flange. There is absolutely no space to work, so I can’t really cut the pipe and replace so…

… it is seeming like I will have to go with an inside fit flange. So I ask you, what is your experience with these? Will it cut down the pipe diameter too much since it is only a 3” riser? Or will it work ok?

Wait for someone with experience to answer but there might be some way to fashion and seal a butt joint (I can't say w/o being there). It's too late now but was your flange damage too much for a stainless steel flange repair ring?

Wait for someone with experience to answer but there might be some way to fashion and seal a butt joint (I can't say w/o being there). It's too late now but was your flange damage too much for a stainless steel flange repair ring?
Yea it had an entire chunk snapped off. I needed to adjust the height anyway for the new floor so I don’t think a height adapter and a repair ring would work together

What size is the hole in the bottom of the toilet?

I would think you could gage your pipe size somewhat off that for lack of a better way to take a guess.

I really don’t think you will know if the smaller sized flange will be a problem or not until you start using it. I know that’s not a good answer but I have had 3” that worked great and some 4” that liked to clog.

I would go with the smaller reducer you know will seal.

Latest posts

Back