Invasive, data collecting, evil monopoly

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yod12

Reaction score
I just tried to log into my google account. Put email, password - as I've done for years. Captcha - three times, got a green checkmark. They emailed a 'verification code'. Got that. Then they want a phone number to text a 'verification code'. No! This is obvious invasive, sinister data collecting. Too many companies are doing this, but google is the worst. I don't have to jump through nearly as many hoops to get into major financial accounts.
There is a massive movement to boycott and have nothing at all to do with google. Join it.

Welcome to the club. This has been going on for years, but it is definitely getting worse. I have nothing to do with G@ggle, social media, nor most other things that young people find "hip." Never had a cell phone, and when this old 'puter dies, that is the end of it for me. TVs and appliances that "need" to hook up to wi-fi??? It is all too much for me. I am grateful there are still old-style message boards like this one. Life was good before all of this "fabulous" technology made our life so easy, and I think we would be better off trying to force that genie back into the bottle.

Back