It's Friday, what are your plans for the weekend?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for her Rusty!

Damn, fantastic. Are you back already? If so, was it an overnighter?

Back already, a buddy of mine owns the boat so we just go when we can. We left Sunday at 8pm and got home Monday at 6pm. Caught 4 Bluefin Tuna 1 yellowfin tuna and 16 Yellowtail.

That is a good haul.

How big is the boat?

He has two, this one is a 32 footer and the the other a 25 footer out of HB.

That seems pretty small on a big ocean. I hope twin engines?

Twin Cummins and it has a 14 foot beam, not too small a boat. Wouldn't mind another 10' in length but it gets the job done. It comfortably fits four guys. Five would be pushing it.

I plan to kick back, relax, and pester my brother to do dishes now that he no longer has the excuse of the sink not working to fall back on. The new disposal is so quiet compared to the old one.

I'll probably have to take my mother in to get some knee x-rays soon. I'm going to eat some chocolate ice cream and after a day or so of rest I'm probably going to get back on trying to figure out the right amount of mix for the self-leveling flooring.

I'm also looking ahead to figuring out a solution for replacing my barn. It got owned by a tree and they said it would cost $50k to replace it (and I don't think that included the demo and removal of the stuff we want to keep). Insurance company gave us $9k and then canceled our policy. It was actually supposed to be paid for by the timber company that had the dead tree that fell on it, but we could never find their contact info and the insurance agent was supposed to contact them but he was an idiot.

I'd much rather go out fishing, but that isn't happening anytime soon. LOL.

If everything works out, just the two of us will be headed to Truman Lake this weekend. My in laws live there and they will be gone to Arizona for a few weeks. They dropped off a key and suggested that we go enjoy ourselves. :cool:

Party at Rusty's!

I'll bring my straw and my thong!

I'm heading to the lake this weekend myself. Actually tomorrow morning so I can get some work done on the mountain house first.

Have fun Rusty! That was nice of the in-laws-- but also a clever way for them to make sure someone is watching their house. LOL.

I don't know why I thought of this, but the other day I was at Auto Zone and an employee was telling me that his friend got the backup camera and used it as a security camera on his house (hooked it up to a recorder). When he reviewed the footage he saw that his neighbor came over, stole his alternator from his vehicle, and replaced it with a bad one. And apparently that wasn't the first time something like that had happened, but this was the first time he had it caught on film.

I'm going to go eat some of the muffins my brother baked in the little NuWave oven thing. That thing is nifty.

I towed two 5th wheels this last weekend that weren't mine and now my truck is in Oregon with a buddy. One friend was towing his rig up to the mountain and his intercooler went out on his F350 and I just happened to be passing by him so I hooked it up and finished his trip then I get a call an hour later that my hunting partner was headed to Oregon when his F350 died on him. I towed him back to his shop then let him borrow my truck for his vacation and took his wifes crap car home. Got a call about two hours later with him informing me that he owes me a new back window because he is not used to towing a 5'r with a short bed and shoved his ladder on his trailer through it. I let them both know they need to buy a Cummins.

So, F350s are not very good. LOL.

Mvlawn, that garage is coming along nicely.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the stuff I had stored in my barn out so we can tear it down. It's already collapsing because a tree fell on it. I just don't know if I can salvage anything without risking having something collapse on me. I wish that I could pull all of the wiring out- the whole thing had lights and water. So there are some waterlines underground. It's a huge barn so it will probably require heavy machinery to get it down or at least take down parts of it and then see if anything can be salvaged. I think the barn is actually larger than my house.

Latest posts

Back