It's Friday, what are your plans for the weekend?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tell my wife that when I die, she should just put me in a trash sack and set me out at the curb. ;)

I tell my wife that when I die, she should just put me in a trash sack and set me out at the curb. ;)

When I place an unusual or heavy load of trash at the curb, it is necessary to tape a $5 bill so the trash men will actually take it. :D

Welcome home.

I got another package delivery from FedEx addressed to my neighbor, but with my mailing address. That dirtbag is STILL fraudulently claiming my address as his own and it is pissing me off. It's been over 10 years and they still can't get this straightened out. Because he lies about his address, sometimes my packages get misdelivered to his address and its not always easy to get them back. I've had Fedex refuse to go get my packages back and deliver them to me so I'm left with either having him bring the packages to me (which I don't like because I don't want to give him any excuse to set foot on my property) or I have to go get my packages from him (also a pain because it is a hassle and I really don't want to talk to him). He's a drug dealer and a scumbag. I really am tired of this. I talked to FedEx this time and explained that he's a criminal and I don't want to deal with him so they said someone would come get his package tomorrow and deliver it to him. They tried to put me through to their Fraud dept because he's falsely claiming my address when he knows it is not the right one, but I got an answering machine with a message that their office was closed. I wish I knew the direct number for the fraud dept. It's annoying.

On a side note, my brother found a kitten out in our front yard. She's adorable. We named her Purrsephone, but my friend really adores her and wants to keep her. He'll probably take her with him when he moves out.

My lamp arrived in the mail today. I'm going to open the box up and make sure its not damaged.

Just got back from vacation number two. I now remember how much I hate the heat.

If you were in Big Bear, did you feel the earthquake on 07/05 at 0958 AM. I sure did!

I was in big bear and yeah I felt the quake. I am puting a new kitchen in the mountain house so I will be up there quite a bit this summer.

I brought home my fil jeep cj8 today to put a Howell fuel injection kit on it.

Sweet. I bet it runs like a striped ape with the Howell FI System!

I'll let you know in a few days. Still in the process of getting rid of the birds nest of hoses under the hood.

So...I got the hairbrained idea last week to take the 70's paneling down off the basement walls. It was put up over drywall, how much of a mess can it be...silly me. Nailed and glued, I hate doing drywall work.

Probably would have been easier just to add 1/2" drywall on top of the paneling?

I have the 70s (or earlier) paneling in my house. It's just nailed up to the studs with no insulation or moisture barriers or anything.

Chris, I'd love to see the kitchen pictures when you're done.

I just found out that there is some asbestos crud on the outside of my house (underneath the siding). That is a bit troublesome because I wanted to fill in the old hole for the dryer vent and move it a bit north. But now I don't know if I want to cut in to the wall knowing it has asbestos. Its only a very small amount, but I don't know what level of asbestos it is or whether or not it would be dangerous.

Today I got woken up by an early am phonecall from Fedex Ground. It was before 7am and I wasn't fully lucid when I started answering questions. I think the woman said my name, but I'm not sure. She was asking if my physical address was a valid one for receiving mail. I said that it was and she said the driver was having problems finding it or something and needed directions. They were coming from Lake Charles- from the south-- so I gave appropriate directions and then waited. I assumed that the call was because they were nearby. I specifically said not to take anything with my surname to the neighbors and not to bring me anything that did not have my surname. I waited around for several hours and it never arrived. I went to check the post office briefly to see if it had been dropped there or if my snap ring had come on. Nope to both. So around 5:30pm the delivery had not arrived. I had to call Fedex Ground back on my cellphone since I can't call outside of my town with the landline. After about 11 minutes of having to move the phone to get better signal and being put on hold a few times, the woman on the other end had no idea what the issue was and there was no way for her to check to see if whoever called earlier had left any notes-- a good business is supposed to keep logs of outgoing and incoming calls. I gave her the landline number again and asked her to call me back once she determined an ETA on the package. It never arrived. So now I'm wondering if the driver was just pissed off that I had him/her pick up the package for my neighbor and return it to sender and they were just giving me a hard time. Its hard to tell with Fedex people. I've had a long history of problems with them delivering my packages to the wrong address and then being jerks when I wanted them to bring my packages to the right address. As far as they are concerned, once they dropped it off somewhere (even to complete strangers and the wrong address) it was my responsibility to figure out where it was and go get it. Had a few packages get ruined that way before.

Tomorrow I have to take my friend's leech of a wife to Sam's Club for grocery shopping. She often wants to bring her kids (which I hate bc it takes MUCH longer-- not only does her son make too much noise, but he has to go to the bathroom like every 5 minutes and it slows the trip down). So after I said "Absolutely no kids" she asks if I can bring her to McDonalds at 9am. I told her it was only if there were no kids. So then she calls me back and asks if I can pay for her food at McDonalds. Mind you, she still owes me over $300 for vet bills and $80 for my rabbit cage that she sold/gave to someone I didn't know without my permission. I told her "no" and she made a heavy sigh and said she guessed she would try to see if she had enough money on her card or something. I didn't mind buying her some stuff she needed-- like diaper rash cream for her baby and stuff, but she started expecting me to pay for her meals and she always orders something expensive. She's really really inconsiderate and mooches off of people-- and apparently she gripes to her husband if I am not available to be her chauffeur. I've gotten to the point that I just about want to slap her. If her husband wasn't my friend I would tell her to take a hike, but I know if I did that she'd just take it out on her husband.

Wow, that tuned in to a vent. LOL. I'm actually not in such a bad mood because I ate honey glazed spiral ham today and got to see my cats losing their minds as they begged for some of it. My cats are spoiled.

Probably would have been easier just to add 1/2" drywall on top of the paneling?

Well, then I wouldn't have been able to make near the mess I'm making, what fun would that be...?

My turn to *****...err vent...My 3 day kitchen make over is now on its 14th day. I am sooo tired with living out of boxes, and eating out for every meal. Here is a current pic.

View attachment 7-8-14.jpg

Almost done. Since we also did the hallway cabinets, he needs baseboards in there, some touch up on the interior and exteriors, adding shelves, adding power to the peninsula, and a few other things. The guy now wants to do one of the bathrooms, and gave a real cheap quote, but his time management sucks.

But if he does good work you will forget about the extra time a year from now.

Back