Kind of a mixed post, lookin for ideas

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmmhoyhoy

Reaction score
Sorry if posted in the wrong place

So my 2 car detatched garage is 22x24x8. I am trying to figure out how to set it up. I am the least creative person and am having a hard time coming up with ideas.
Hoping to find some pictures or get some ideas from you guys for a workshop type setup.
On occasion would have 2 cars in there so stuff would need to stay closer to the walls, looking for cabinent ideas aswell as workbench setups because eventually I will have all my tools in there.

Thanks alot

That is a good size garage. Post up some pics, and you should get some great input on how to make it great!

22 wide or 24 wide??

It sounds like the majority of your work bench, and tools will be on the back wall and your storage cabinets on the side walls. Plan ahead for electrical access, put at least one 220V outlet on each wall and spread out your duplex outlets. You want to keep extension cords to a minimum to keep out the headaches. I like an outlet on each side of the garage doors as well. That way your work can go outside if need be and there is power at a decent location.

I have always liked the cabinets on the sides. THen you can set up top and bottom cabinets with a workbench surface in between. 8 foot high doesn't give you alot of height room but is it open rafters or closed in??

Sorry if posted in the wrong place

So my 2 car detatched garage is 22x24x8. I am trying to figure out how to set it up. I am the least creative person and am having a hard time coming up with ideas.
Hoping to find some pictures or get some ideas from you guys for a workshop type setup.
On occasion would have 2 cars in there so stuff would need to stay closer to the walls, looking for cabinent ideas aswell as workbench setups because eventually I will have all my tools in there.

Thanks alot

So that means L times W times H is that correct?

22 is the length 24 is the width and 8 is the height? Correct me if I'm wrong?

That's a good garage for singe car only if you want for more cars, the usual the minimum size must be of 24' deep, (28' better, 30' best) x 12' to 15' width for each space you want to park a car. So minimum 24' x 36' and ideal 30' x 45'. With a 30 foot depth you will have room in front of the cars for a work area or for tools, and with 15' for each car you will have room to open the doors and room between them for other stuff.

Your garage size will be enough if you have one single car for 2 cars you can widen it up as I mentioned above size will be good. :thumbsup:

View sample image below:

28x22.gif

Latest posts

Back