Kitchen aid disposal grinder replacement

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinny186

Reaction score
I have two issues with this disposal.

At the bottom of the disposal are two metal parts that grind the contents - one of mine broke. Without dismantling it I can't tell if it's repairable.

The other problem is due to it being unbalanced, it vibrates and shakes and leaks at the bottom of the unit. I checked where it attaches to the sink and see no water leaks. I'm wondering if it's "shot" because of the leak and even if I could replace the grinder part, it may not be worth it.

Attachments

• disposal.jpg
    disposal.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1
If there is no warranty for the repair, replace.

I did a little research and it looks like the motor seal has failed making it unsalvageable. Thanks for the advice:)

I did a little research and it looks like the motor seal has failed making it unsalvageable. Thanks for the advice:)
I've had a grinder plate break on one of them years ago. I didn't even check into replacing it. As I recall it was showing it's age. I certainly wouldn't pay someone to repair it. They are pretty easy to replace if you're moderately handy.

Back