Kitchen Cabinets in Northern VA

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsalimova

Reaction score
We are moving to a new place and need to remodel our kitchen. Since it basically has nothing in it we have to install kitchen cabinets. Can someone recommend a place in Northern VA or DC to buy cabinets on a budget? We thought of buying Home Depot's Distinctions cabinets or IKEA, but not sure if they are good options. Does anyone have recommendations on this?

Well I think there are lots of good choices on [ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=northern+VA+kitchen+cabinets&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a"]this search result[/ame]. Check it out and good luck on your search.

Have you tried local classifieds to see if there are any used kitchen cabinets. It's not the ideal, because of course you would want something that fits your style and is designed with the space you have, but sometimes people luck out. I recommend checking your local paper or, if you have any, website classifieds like craiglist.com. Keep an open mind, but don't be too eager to buy the first thing you see or you'll end up paying more than retail.

Don't forget to be very careful about buying through classifieds. Never meet anyone at night or in an area that is not considered public (i.e. farm in the middle of nowhere) and make sure that people know where you are going, who you are going to meet, and when you will be back. Never send money over the internet through a private seller and don't give out any personal information that can be used against you at a later date.

You know, I didn't think of this yesterday, but does there happen to be a Habitat for Humanity ReStore in your area? Usually they have cupboards and cabinets of all different shapes, sizes, and styles depending on the location. The one near me constantly has them, as well as lots of laminate flooring and tiling. Their prices are usually reasonable and you have the added bonus of knowing you're helping out a good cause.

Back