Large hole in foundation on side of house

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubblerubba

Reaction score
I haphazardly shoved a mishapen rock in the hole, but I'd like to do something better. I don't know what made this hole but I really think it was a rat.

Attachments

• Rat hole.jpg
    Rat hole.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 21
If you really want to fix this it's going to take far more then just sticking a rock in the hole.
That whole block needs to be cut out , removed, and replaced.

You need to dig down and expose the entire hole. Then get some mortar and fill it. I don't removing and replacing an entire block is necessary.

If it is a rat hole he will just chew it out again. this is what i do to block rat holes.
find some broken glass a lot. then mix that up with a cement sand mix. the glass should be like gravel in concrete 7-1 mix .

Dig down around it a foot or so to see the extent of the damage. If it is just a hole (I also doubt rats made it but could be going in it) I would stuff some chicken wire in it and fill it up with a product like Cement-All.

We need a product called Ratcrete. I don't know why we need it, but it sounds cool.:dance chik:
Cement-All is a nice base for your new Ratcrete product as it is thin and double edge razor blades can be embedded into it sticking part way out. A hole that size, I would say 50 blades would do the trick keeping even the biggest swamp rats from eating back in.

We could sell kits at the apron and vest stores a bag of mud and a plastic bucket of used blades.

Hmmmm maybe Shark Tank might fund us. :rolleyes:

Back