Looking for help in New Jersey

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Smoth

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for the rant, I'm not the most handy of people and am stressing out needing to make a move on my home's HVAC system...Long story short, I bought my home 4 years ago, the existing furnace is 25(+) years old but ran fairly well the first winter. In the past few years I have needed to make a few services calls on the unit. The first time I had issues with the system, I called one of the big guys in my area. I didn't love the service, and I think they got fined for consumer fraud around this time for using scare tactics to push homeowners into paying for repairs they didn't need. I'm tired of making incremental repairs to the system and am ready to have it replaced, I would like to avoid the more corporate HVAC contractors and go with an owner operated business. A co-worker recommended Coastal Refrigeration, and I have done a ton of research on my own. Has anybody in New Jersey used Coastal, any recommendations for an honest (I know hard to find) and dependable HVAC company?

If you're in Northern NJ/NYC area, I've used American Way Plumbing (877) 717-8383 and for my ductless AC, I've used GRC Mechanical. Both good ppl, I was happy with their service.

If you're in Northern NJ/NYC area, I've used American Way Plumbing (877) 717-8383 and for my ductless AC, I've used GRC Mechanical. Both good ppl, I was happy with their service.
I will check them out, thanks for the advice. I live in central jersey, Monmouth County

Back