Magazine & Book Storage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenally

Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to store my car magazines and manuals in the garage for easy access to read. Do any of you guys have magazines or books in your garages?

I'm looking for a way to store my car magazines and manuals in the garage for easy access to read. Do any of you guys have magazines or books in your garages?
I have tons of manuals, docs, etc. relating to my rides. Instead of having to constantly chase down some printed material in piles of stuff, I keep them in hardback, 3-post, expandable binders (the kind dealers used for parts books before they went electronic). See pic, attached. They are kept on a standing book case right next to my workbench.

View attachment 3-post.jpg

I have tons of manuals, docs, etc. relating to my rides. Instead of having to constantly chase down some printed material in piles of stuff, I keep them in hardback, 3-post, expandable binders (the kind dealers used for parts books before they went electronic). See pic, attached. They are kept on a standing book case right next to my workbench.

Hey Dave,

Great idea using the binders. I also use them with the plastic sheet protectors to keep grease off the paper. Good for receipts too. I like a notebook for each vehicle.

Those GM notebooks you have will be collector items I am sure.

Sheet protectors are a great idea!

I use those cardboard magazine organizers and homemade shelves. I need to make some more. I have a bunch of them in the house that i need to move out to the doghouse.

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Hey mustanggarage:

Very nice set up right close to the "Library" reading room.:thumbsup:

Just a thought, when I am finished with a magazine I recycle it to friends to enjoy. :cool:

I scored a pair of combination magazine/candy racks from a convenience store when they were changing them out for new ones, size 4'tall x4'wide x 2' deep & 2 sided. they use pegboard hooks and have big shelves to hold lots of weight. Cost: $0.00,they were glad they didn't have to break them down for the trash company!

I scored a pair of combination magazine/candy racks from a convenience store when they were changing them out for new ones, size 4'tall x4'wide x 2' deep & 2 sided. they use pegboard hooks and have big shelves to hold lots of weight. Cost: $0.00,they were glad they didn't have to break them down for the trash company!

Sounds like a very good find. Always great to recycle and not add to landfill. Any pics?:)

I'll try to get some soon, the shop is not eligible for "Better Shops & Man Caves" at the moment. :eek: That's why I'm reading this site. LOL

Back