Microsoft Outlook Upgrade outlook Connector Error

Help Support House Repair Talk:

Chris

Administrator
Reaction score
Nick, was wondering if you knew anything about this, I rarely turn my computer off which I know is bad but this morning it was moving real slow so I restarted it. Once loaded back up I went to retrieve my emails and got this Outlook connector update on the file screen, it says it will take about 15 minutes yet it has never finished. I have restarted the PC a few times and googled it. I downloaded the newest connector and let it install and reopened Outlook but nothing has changed.

Nick

Reaction score
What OS Chris ? XP , win7 , [etc].

PS: leaving the confuser on doesn't harm it . Some techs prefer to leave it on , some off..

Nick

Reaction score
You running 32 , or 64 bit ?

Chris

Administrator
Reaction score
I tried downloading it but then it said my Outlook was 32 bit. From there I did a system restore to last month and it did not fix it at all and since the restore Google Chrome will not open anymore. Had to use Explorer.

Chris

Administrator
Reaction score
I found the 32 bit download, trying it now.

Chris

Administrator
Reaction score
I have googled it and tried every fix I could find and none worked.

Chris

Administrator
Reaction score
From googling around it looks like because I downloaded 365 a month or so ago that is what stopped 2010 from working. I tried uninstalling 365 but it comes up with an error that says I can not. At this point I hate Microsoft, Bill Gate and his dog. I am trying to link my outlook 2010 with 365 so I can at least keep my business running. I am two days behind. 2010 has stopped completely and won't even let me into my account preferences to see what my servers were. I hate technology.

Chris

Administrator
Reaction score
Got it fixed. I contacted Microsoft and they worked on it for an hour and couldn't get it working, eventually we had to uninstall everything Microsoft and then start over. I got lucky and didn't even loose an email. not sure how but it must have backed up.

Nick

Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed Chris . Win 7 had the same problem with MS updates ..

About a year ago the MS coders admitted to putting out false updates because they were bored . Ruined a lot of Confusers .