My BBQ Smoker Build

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you steal my air compressor?

I'm curious what the inside walls look like after you cut open the red tank, so get cracking!

Red tank was only used for about 2 months. Recovered from a house fire. Friend took the motor, I took the tank.

Great job Tom, ...er... dawg

Plasma cutter works pretty slick. I thought about getting one but if I don't use it enough it is hard to justify the price. The model I was looking at, hypertherm, cut 3/4" plus. I see light duty machines for sale frequently which means they were not sufficient for all around usage.
The air tank provides a nice structure for your project.

I have a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42. Cost was about 1100 and that thing is sweet.

Good job Tom! Can't wait to see more. Are you going to put a plate inside to make the smoke and heat go to the far end then back again?

Yep, I bought a piece of plate just for making tuning plates.

Don't forget a grease drain. I can't wait til I can build a new one. I built mine out of an old oil drum and the metal is thinner so it warped a little while building so things don't seal like they should.

Got the frame fab'd up and the wheels on. Put the latch on the fire box. Welder the runners for the cooking grate. Cut the grate to fit. Some finish welding, the fab works done.

View attachment image.jpg

Looking good! I want to build a new one myself.

Latest posts

Back