My BBQ Smoker Build

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First coat of paint, bottom shelf cut, going tomorrow to the metal shop and bend up a stainless top shelf, need a couple thermometers and I'm real close to ignition.

View attachment image.jpg

Damn Tom, that thing looks great. I hope UPS doesn't charge you much when you send me some of them world famous ribs!

Damn Tom, that thing looks great. I hope UPS doesn't charge you much when you send me some of them world famous ribs!

I'm willing to pay the shipping cost, looks great Tom.

You make me want to build s new smoker.

Yesterday I ran stove gasket around all the door sides, put two thermometers on the cook chamber door, let it sit for a couple hours...then fired her up. Got temps up to about 230* and fiddled with the tuning plates and got both sides to about 5* difference. Gonna run another heat cycle in her and cooking ribs Saturday, pork butt Sunday. :D

Let me know how it is on fuel consumption.

I'm sure it will be like a V8-4 cylinder comparison to our Lil Smokers.

I can't find my butt....not that butt, no problem there. A 6-7 lb pork butt. Stopped at two places I usually get a bone in pork butt and all they had were 10-11 lb shoulders. So... did pick up a rack of baby backs for tomorrow and the quest goes on for a Sunday butt. Pics later.

Best rack of ribs I've ever cooked! Tasted the butt when I pulled the ribs, awesome. So far I'm tickled. Even swmbo gave it two thumbs up. Gin and tonic time. 🍸

View attachment image.jpg

Looks good Tom, glad it all worked out well for you.

Mighty fine looking there Tom.

Best rack of ribs I've ever cooked! Tasted the butt when I pulled the ribs, awesome. So far I'm tickled. Even swmbo gave it two thumbs up. Gin and tonic time. 🍸
You have me drooling over here !

So, this Saturday is my grand daughter s first birthday. 26 coming over for a cookout. 6 racks of ribs, 2 dozen chicken legs, 2 dozen chicken wings gonna give the smoker it's first big workout. Pics if I have a chance.

THAT is a Fine looking smoker.
You did a Great job.

I want to, show ya'll how to make a smoker out of a old refrigerater.
I saw a picture of an abandonded fridge in Chris,s cabin build.

It is really easy, Find an old fridge, metal box
The new plastic ones are crap,

try and find a 2 door fridge

Gut it, remove everything that is not metal.
turn it upside down, so the freezer is on the bottom.
. drill a bunch of 1/2'' holes in the devider between fridge and freezer
install a vent pipe 1'' and a couple of thermometers

you tube has a zillion videos on them.

View attachment 120vac40a_rev %25281%2529.jpg

Latest posts

Back