My new garage....

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Administrator
Reaction score
So my new to me house is closing escrow in a few days and the first project will be getting the garage done before I fill it with crap. Right now It is a 3+ car garage, it is four car wide but only three doors and a small shop area. It is stick built and the inside is just studs at the moment. Before I insulate and drywall I want to run everything I could want in the walls. So far my list is as follows.

Run 20 amp power every four to six feet along all walls.
Recessed LED or Florescent lighting.
Run copper air lines wherever I need or want.
Cabinets and storage (I hate shelving and don't want to see my crap)
Epoxy coat Floors
Drywall and insulate.

What am I missing that I could potentially want in there? Besides a lift.

View attachment IMG_2333.JPG

View attachment well.JPG

Don't forget to run a dedicated 20 amp line to the air compressor and the refrigerator that is gunna hold all my Coors Light.

It doesn't snow here, ever.

Already planned on dedicated circuits, also in 20 amp.

I'm patiently waiting for your old garage to arrive on a truck at my address..........

Still unbuilding it, there is a lot of parts and pieces.

Recessed LED or Florescent lighting.
Run copper air lines wherever I need or want.

What about ceiling plugs and flexible lighting that can be moved?

Any reason to not do PVC?

I keep reading PVC can burst and have shrapnel, I know that is why we don't air test our water lines. Although in a wall I don't see the harm. I know that I shouldn't have any issues at all ever with copper so for the few extra bucks it was worth it to me.

I have several ceiling plugs and will be looking for led drop lights.

Not to concerned about heating as it doesn't get that cold here. A wall heater would be nice but not worth the cost.

Communications are still in the planning stage, so far I have started all the electrical and running air lines but then got in a wreck yesterday so that will put a damper on it.

That's a big truck then. Are you sure?

I have several ceiling plugs and will be looking for led drop lights.

Not to concerned about heating as it doesn't get that cold here. .

I was thinking even for larger fluorescent fixtures; being able to move the intense light to the bay it's needed in.

Funny with the snow pic. :D

That was a freak storm. It has been nearly 80 degrees daily over the last few weeks here.

OK got all the electrical done, put 20 amp outlets everywhere, put a couple 220 outlets for my welder and plasma cutter and new lighting.

Did all my air lines in copper, have five points coming out of the wall and one outside where I park my tractor. My favorite is the one that will be sitting at the workbench for blowing things out.

Insulated the walls and ceiling and put down some ply in the rafter for the christmas crap.

It already had an electric fan on the roof for venting with a thermostat which is nice but I realized this garage has no venting anywhere so I need to find out what to do about that.

View attachment IMG_2430.JPG

View attachment IMG_2431.JPG

View attachment IMG_2432.JPG

View attachment IMG_2434.JPG

View attachment IMG_2435.JPG

It's getting closer to texture and paint.

attachment.php

Back