Need help with patching my block garage.

Help Support House Repair Talk:

Reaction score
Hello , so my garage needs patchwork because the corners have spalled. I just wanted to ask your opinions on what I should use to patch this type of block work located in Nyc. Mortar or rapid set cement product?

There was a stucco applied to the blocks and it was painted. I have a picture attached of my neighbors garage which is how the blocks look without paint.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, George

bud16415

Fixer Upper
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello , so my garage needs patchwork because the corners have spalled. I just wanted to ask your opinions on what I should use to patch this type of block work located in Nyc. Mortar or rapid set cement product?

There was a stucco applied to the blocks and it was painted. I have a picture attached of my neighbors garage which is how the blocks look without paint.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, George
I would use a product called Cement All.

Rapid Set 55 lb. Cement All Multi-Purpose Construction Material-02010055 - The Home Depot

Watch the videos at that link for some pointers.

oldognewtrick

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Spalling occurs when moisture is trapped in the wall during a freeze thaw cycle. Can you identify where moisture is entering or have you preventive future moisture intrusion?

bud16415

Fixer Upper
Staff member
Reaction score
When I see it low on a wall and the condition of the driveway in the photos I think salt.

Up north we pour it on by the ton and it damages the concrete, deck wood and anything aluminum like storm doors. Not to mention what it does to cars and aluminum wheels on cars.

Latest posts