New DIYer renovating a run-down cabin

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowgrey

Reaction score
Hello! I am a 20 year old working on renovating a run-down cabin on my parents' property so I can move in next door to them. I have limited carpentry skills, and a fair amount of knowledge on how to use basic tools, but that's about it. I'm getting ready to take on a huge undertaking with this building to turn it from a deteriorating building used for storage with no plumbing to a functional add on to the property. I am excited to get to know people here and gain information needed for my project!

Sounds exciting! Free home in exchange for elbow grease (and maybe materials too?) seems like a great deal. You'll need to break it down into projects and on each one you'll have stuff to learn, and we'll help with any questions as best we can. I knew nothing when I bought my first house too but with the help of this forum and YouTube by the time I bought my third house (which I live in now) I had no anxiety about it at all. Welcome!

Welcome!
Remember, we love pictures!

Latest posts

Back