New furnace is making a clicking/ticking noise

Discussion in 'HVAC' started by Aaronadr, Nov 20, 2019.

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating:

1. Nov 20, 2019 #1

Aaronadr

Aaronadr

Aaronadr

I recently had a new Goodman furnace installed in my apartment and it started making an intermittent clicking/ticking noise. It didn't make this noise when I ran the heat in April and didn't make it the whole summer when I ran the AC. The intermittent noise is short and varies in how loud it is. It even makes the ticking sound when the furnace is off. Any information would be great as I have had issues with the maintenance people and am trying to get more information before I contact them. Thanks

2. Nov 20, 2019 #2

pjones

pjones

pjones

How fast is the ticking sound? How loud is it? What you part of the furnace do you hear it from? ... or is it from the ducts?

3. Nov 20, 2019 #3

Aaronadr

Aaronadr

Aaronadr

The ticking sound is very intermittent. It only makes a single tick when it does it. It varies how loud it is, never super loud but loud enough I can hear it with my bedroom door closed. I really cant tell where its coming from. Would pictures help at all?

4. Nov 20, 2019 #4

Gary

Gary

Gary

Could it be expanding and contracting sheet metal when the furnace cycles? Wouldn't necessarily happen when the furnace is running. Could be after the furnace is off, but still warm/cooling down?