New handgun

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty

Flooring installer
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
My wife bought a new handgun. A SCCY 9 mm. I have never heard of them, but it is a nice little gun. She buys whatever she wants. That makes 3 for her.

I'm a big fan of 9mm. I have a couple. There's a wide range of loads available, fun to shoot and not as expensive as feeding a 45.

The "Sky" handgun is getting a bit of good publicity.

Target Market: (First time handgun buyers and those on a budget.)

My philosophy is if it is safe a fun to shoot, who else cares?

The "Sky" handgun is getting a bit of good publicity.

Target Market: (First time handgun buyers and those on a budget.)

My philosophy is if it is safe a fun to shoot, who else cares?

She already had a S&W and a Ruger.

Have her look at the Walther PPKS, made my Interarms. Best gun IMHO. That was also the gun my ex took in my divorce. It's been nearly 6 years and I am pissed as I was on day one.

Both of them look good to me. But if the sky is concealed size, it might work for a smaller person like me.

I had that Walther in an ankle holster which I wore daily for 10+ years. It is very concealable. Bad thing it is nearly $1000 for them these days..

Yikes. That is a pricey gun. At least to my way of thinking.

The SCCY was about $340.

I was at the gun shop yesterday and they were selling the S/W Shield for $340, and the S/W SD9VE for $345. This seems strange because the SD9VE has a horrible trigger assembly, but the Shield has a great trigger assembly.

I have a Ruger 380, a Ruger 22 and a S&W 22. The S&W is the far better gun of the three. Just a liitle too big to CCW.

Not too concealable , but a good 4" .357 Mag wheel gun is hard to beat .

And inexpensive to reload for , especially if you cast your own bullets .

Wyr
God bless

PS And a .357 Mag leaver gun is very sweet to go along with it . :)

I'd love to have a .357 mag lever rifle.

I just got my Henry's rifle catalog in the mail. I may have to go Xmas shopping early.

Check out the Rossi M1892 clone in .357 Mag . :)

I also have a Rossi M1892 clone in .45 LC .

Both are loads of fun to shoot . Low noise & low recoil . The .357 Mag has a flatter trajectory and a little cheaper to reload .

Wyr
God bless

Back