New Project 1939 Chevy PICTURES!!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trophyman

Lurker, Junior Member
Reaction score
OK everybody, just starting a new build. We've built and sold everything from a 33 (3) window, 48 Ford sedan delivery, 66 Chevelle and more. Now (that we're a LITTLE older), we want a car with a little more room. This one should fit that criteria.
It's a Nevada car but found it in Luray, VA. Only had it for 3 weeks now but well on the way. Stay tuned.

Click on the Link below for build up to now.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/887hu1rz7fpgn30/LXFeYRZrHq

Pat

View attachment DSC_0809.jpg

I'd love to have either one of those.

get right to it , don't ya?
got any of the extra energy to spare?

looks good!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet welder, I have the 180 and love it.

She is going to be roomy and a dandy. 39 coupes are very popular in the midwest.
Any pictures of the 66 malibu ? That is currently on my " hunt " list. Apparently on everyone else's looking at the prices.

Maybe he is busy cruising it around?

She is going to be roomy and a dandy. 39 coupes are very popular in the midwest.
Any pictures of the 66 malibu ? That is currently on my " hunt " list. Apparently on everyone else's looking at the prices.

Yea, I got pictures of all of em around here someplace>>>I'll dig them up and post. Got a pretty good story about how I sold that one too:rolleyes:

Ought to be an update or two from trophyman by now...;)

Maybe he is busy cruising it around?

Sorry I aint been around a lot guys. This build has really consumed a lot of my free time that I used to spend on the computer.

Ya know, this build started out to be minimal. We first decided to build another car, then we decided that instead one of the smaller rides, coupes, small sedan delivery etc, we wanted a larger car. Something we could load our stuff up in and go without having to pull the trailer or ship cloths or stuff that "she" bought during our travels.

The car was in great shape but once I started building it, my OCD kicked in:eek: so every little thing I see I want to fix. PLUS, you'd think I was building a RIDLER (http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110225/carnews/302259999) CAR, which I am not! I promise to make more of an effort to post. Besides, I miss the "witty banter" around here.;)
A few pictures: installation of hidden hinges. Another last minuet change

View attachment 01A-HIDDEN-HINGE-install.jpg

View attachment 01A-HIDDEN-HINGE-install-2.jpg

View attachment 01A-RearHingeIn2.jpg

Witty or (s) hitty? :D

I have a 252 Miller MIG. Sold my 180. The 252 is fantastic. Don't know the changes they made but it is a big improvement. Also had a 255 Lincoln I wasn't fond of. Between this and an Ellis 1600 saw, ... they sure can put a smile on your face. Makes fabricating parts enjoyable.

My garage has zero room left ..... I found a 64 Biscayne post and a forty Chevrolet coupe. Both are tempting as hell. I would have to sell something and that would not be easy to decide. Decisions, decisions.

Too much stuff is always a good problem to have.

Too much stuff is always a good problem to have.

If this is in fact true, ................ I have a GREAT QUANDARY.
I am asked with some regularity, what are you going to do with all those cars ?
I tell them quite frankly, its going to be one hell of an estate sale.

Back