newest addition to the garage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of a friend of my mom and dads. Old Harold worked hard all his life, made some great investments and hardly ever spent a dime on his wife Norma. They lived very simple lives and he didn't let Norma spend any money on clothes, makeup, even new furniture, but they sure could afford it. Before he passed away, he made Norma promise that she would bury him with the millions he had amassed before he passed.

At the funeral, my mom saw Norma walk over to the casket and slip a piece of paper in Harold's pocket of his suit. Some weeks later when Norma was at the house playing bridge with my moms church bridge club, my mom asked Norma what was on the piece of paper she slipped in Harold's pocket. She related the promise she made Harold and said she had written a check and wanted to make sure his last wishes were honored.

That was the last time Norma played bridge with the church bridge club, cause her house sold soon after and she bought a condo with an ocean view down in Vero Beach. Gotta love them women. Guess you can take it with ya ;)

Sooooo......new igniter pack thingy $176.00 same results, new distributer $155.00 same results......I think its gonna have to go back to the shop unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Besides a gallon of gas, a lighter and a phone call to Allstate? ...nope

Seems like ive been here before with another truck??:cool:

Sooooo......new igniter pack thingy $176.00 same results, new distributer $155.00 same results......I think its gonna have to go back to the shop unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Wiring? Connections clean and tight? :confused:

I havent found any connections loose or dirty yet still lookin......

Is it losing spark or fuel? Check your fuel pressure, those Toys won't run unless I believe it is in the mid 30's. I had one that broke down for a year but the pump worked, just wasn't kicking enough pressure. Just a thought.

How about the Computer? I will ask my brother he an ASE mechanic.

I thought computer Im gonna see if it can be checked tomorrow. Havent thought about fuel pressure but not a bad thought. Thing is now it wont start at all. It'll spin over but will not start.

Check the pressure, your pump may be going out?

Was it acting up at all besides quitting? Keep in mind TPS and MAF sensors, the TPS make it do funny things or just die.

I had a new cam position sensor put in my F-350 yesterday. It would just randomly die. Running like a new one today.

It was also bogging bad under throttl. Im leaning tword fuel pump now being thatnits not coming on when I turn thd key on i dont think the fuel pump would cause the bogging though?.....I tried tapping the tank with ahammer but it didnt help

Did you put a gauge on it? I think on those the schrader valve is the same size as a tires valve so a tire pressure gauge may work. Or go out and borrow a fuel pressure gauge. Fuel pumps cause bogging when they are going out, they can't keep up with the pressure and flow needed so the motor starves.

Spray some starting fluid in her, if she fires than it has to be you fuel pump.

Now my add has kiked in. I been thinkin toyota, toyota gottta get the toyota runnin then all of a sudden i look in the back yard and there sits an old trailer of mine and I start thinkin since I cant get this dang yota runnin I need a lighter trailer to pull behind the jeep and nextthing you know I pull it next to the garage and start a trailer build........geeeez

You were supposed to get a can of ether not a trailer.

I have a can and I already had the trailer....

Latest posts

Back