- Feb 16, 2015
- Reaction score
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention signed off on Novavax’s Covid-19 vaccine on Tuesday.
- In a statement, the CDC said the shots will be available in the coming weeks. The U.S. has secured 3.2 million doses so far.
- Novavax uses more conventional technology than Pfizer and Moderna, and U.S. health officials hope Novavax’s shots might convince skeptics to get vaccinated.
- 26 million to 37 million adults are still unvaccinated in the U.S., according to CDC estimates.
- No complicity with fetal cell lines.