Online architecture program

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crackerbox

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good program to draw up what you are going to build? My shops pretty basic and my father in law is the contractor that's going to be building it and he drew up some plans he submitted this morning for the permit, but I was just wondering if there was something where I could put everything to scale so I could see exactly where the mill and the lathe and hoist, etc. is going to be so I can possibly run some conduit in the slab to where the two post hoist will be and the weld table etc.

Has anyone found a good program to draw up what you are going to build? My shops pretty basic and my father in law is the contractor that's going to be building it and he drew up some plans he submitted this morning for the permit, but I was just wondering if there was something where I could put everything to scale so I could see exactly where the mill and the lathe and hoist, etc. is going to be so I can possibly run some conduit in the slab to where the two post hoist will be and the weld table etc.

I want to come your shop. i think your shop may be cool.......

A lot of people like Google Sketchup I myself like a good ol penceil and paper. I measure the size of my tool footprint and make small cardboard cut outs to the same scale I used to draw the plans.

A lot of people like Google Sketchup I myself like a good ol penceil and paper. I measure the size of my tool footprint and make small cardboard cut outs to the same scale I used to draw the plans.

Thanks Daryl. That's what I ended up doing. I spent half a day dinking around looking for something online and finally just got out some graph paper and then cut out the tools to scale. Worked just fine. Thank you.

No problem, gladd it worked out for you. Sometimes you just can't beat a pencil and paper :) by the way most computers come with a program called "Paint" it's usally under programs>accessories.paint. I have used this quite oftten.

I just Googled "free architectural software" & got 34 million hits in .31 seconds. If you can't find something there, try C-net.com they have alot of free downloads there.

I ended up downloading the Google Sketchup. i went through some of the tutorials and it was really pretty cool once I figured it out.

Back