painting cheep concrete pavers

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMHmedchem

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an odd situation in the yard where I had to put in a new fence. My yard is about 1 foot higher up then the neighbors yard. For the last fence I put in, I did the installation at the level of the neighbors yard. This meant that the bottom of the fence was buried up to the first rung on my side. I did this so that the fence would act as a retaining wall. I treated the bottom of the fence with fence post perservative, but predictably, it rotted out. Many of the posts rotted out as well, so they may have just been poor materials (even though they were purchased from a fencing company).

This time, I installed the fence at my yard level. There will definitely be an issue with dirt from my flower beds washing under the fence and into my neighbors yard. I addressed this by adding some square pavers stuck in vertically from the bottom run down into the dirt. This creates a well across the bottom of the fence and has worked alright. The problem is that is looks awful because the pavers are concrete colored. There was very little as far as options go when I did this, so I just had to take what they had. I have thought that I should paint them brown but I have no idea how to paint such a thing in a way that won't have to be re-done frequently. They didn't cost very much, so it would make more sense to get a different product then to spend allot on paint.

I have used concrete dyes when mixing up mortar mix, but never anything after the concrete has dried. Can anyone suggest a product that would work?

LMHmedchem

Back