Parking markings

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Jorge-

Reaction score
I have a two car garage, in it are my project car and my everyday 06 Malibu. I am having a problem with the depth of the garage. The steps leading into the house are right in front of the car and the garage door is close to the rear end. I am looking for the rubber strips that line up the car and keep the steps or door from messing up the car. Home Depot has a rubber thing that sits on the floor and it says to mark the corners if you need to reposition it after cleaning. I would like something to stay.

You guys got any ideas of something?

If you don't have a tennis ball you can use an aluminum foil ball :)

You could also use a brick or weight from a weight bench

Or one of those motion-activated lasers that aims downwards that you line up your car with.

--Bushytails

Install some concrete filled steel posts into the floor., with rubber bumpers.:D The car is sure to stop where you need it to.

I like the tennis ball trick.

The tennis ball trick sounds like an easy quick fix.

I've never seen any of these motion-activated lasers. Can you post a link to a site selling some? Prefferably a site with a good explanation. I'm interested in checking out these babies.

Back