Performed many home improvement projects...mainly electrical, but some others

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctviggen

Reaction score
Hi All,

I post periodically. I've done many different projects on this and my other houses. One project was to redo this shelving system. We repainted, and I installed LED lights in it. The lights are on a dimmer (the blue box in the lower rleft corner), controlled by a switch on the wall (which is out of the picture). I can also control it via an Amazon echo (eg, "Alexa, turn on shelving lights at 30 percent power").

20200502_064707.jpg

One of the shelves after I put a groove in it with my table saw and painted it. An LED strip is about to go in:

20200322_075655.jpg

Other LED projects include adding LEDs into the closets so when you open the door, the LEDs come on, and when you close the door, LEDs turn off:

20200502_064956.jpg

My daughter's closet, where if you open the left door, the left lights come on, and if you open the right door, the right lights come on:

20191026_124519.jpg

I'm much less familiar with things like plumbing and wood working, though. More familiar with insulation and electrical.

Anyway, I hope to be of some use, sometimes.

Back