Pics of my day job....

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I was told by a guy driving one of the most beat up old cars I have seen that if I don't patch the road back as good as it was he will complain to the city. I told him I just don't have that kind of skill. He looked at me funny and drove away. The road I am working in is all potholed and broken everywhere and I just can't copy that.

Then I was told my traffic control sucks! I guess when you inconvenience peoples lives the get a little bitter. I wanted to ask him how he would do it better then the two traffic control engineers that came up with the plan but he drove off as he was yelling. He was phone tough.

Then I got yelled at by some guy for having my door open on the side of the road because he didn't have room to get by, as he was yelling at me another car squeezed past him on the outside while he was next to me.

People need to slow down and realize what is important in life. there will always be road work going on, there will always be roads that are just not smooth enough for you and there will always be something to upset you. RELAX! Enjoy life a little.

It's been dead here for several years.

I have been slowly pumping the cure for cancer back into this site. Hopefully one day it will thrive.:rockin:

I have been slowly pumping the cure for cancer back into this site. Hopefully one day it will thrive.:rockin:

I think Rusty was refering to work in his area being slow, not Garage Retreat. But we do appreciate the efforts you have made to make this place a nice place to visit Chris.

A big thank-you to you and Havasu and that guy who stops by once a month or so for keeping the lights on around here. I really enjoy seeing others garages and projects they are working on... and the ocasional banter.

And if you have the cure for cancer, I have some spots that I need to get checked out on my back and shoulder.

Chris, I'll give you a little hint when our city use to have road construction going on. One contractor claimed that he had 4 guys in a hole just 4' from the edge of the roadway, and it would just be a matter of time before one of his workers were killed due to a speeding motorist falling in his trench. I called all my motor friends from surrounding agencies and held an impromptu "roadway construction training" with the assistance of the contractor. He spend about 10 minutes showing what he was doing, and why there was a legal temporary speed limit of 25 MPH in the area. My friends and I then commenced to issue citations to anyone going 5 MPH over the 25 MPH speed limit, and cited in excessive of 150 motorists. The rest of the week, that roadway became like a ghost town. The contractor and I were friends from that point forward and would call me with every job he did in our city.

We do that all the time. Called shooting fish in a barrel. I did a job in Moreno valley and the cops on bikes didn't even have time to park before they were off again. This job was a little different in the intersection because we had the light on flashing red so they were driving a little slower. They are still dumb but the speeding is not a problem here. Also I always park one of my trucks in the road so they will hit that before one of us.

We did have an accident this morning right before we set up traffic control but that was someone turning in front of someone. Yesterday we five cars in a row run the red light and almost hit one of my delivery trucks who had a green. They saw cones up and figured they did not need to follow laws.

View attachment MoVal 5.jpg

We wouls also do that here but in Wildomar we only have two cops so they would not have coverage anywhere else.

I'm glad the cops are helpful where you live as well.

Yup sure are, nowhere else will they come to your home at midnight to give you a ticket for not having this years tag mounted properly on the pickup parked out front.

I guess that cop was asked to leave after he would drive around at nights giving out tickets for stupid things and people started complaining. I guess the last one was he watched a guy pull in his driveway to unload groceries but was hanging over the sidewalk a little and got written up while unloading his car. Was talking to my city inspector about it today.

Todays pics.....

3533d1365127086-couple-pics-my-work-forumrunner_20130404_185809.jpg

3534d1365127119-couple-pics-my-work-forumrunner_20130404_185846.jpg

3535d1365127180-couple-pics-my-work-forumrunner_20130404_185941.jpg

3536d1365127223-couple-pics-my-work-forumrunner_20130404_190027.jpg

3537d1365127254-couple-pics-my-work-forumrunner_20130404_190102.jpg

3538d1365127276-couple-pics-my-work-forumrunner_20130404_190124.jpg

Thats some straight trenching Chris. I couldn't stay that straight even with a laser. Pic of my day job:rolleyes:

I cheat, I have survey stake it out then I make a chalk line then try and follow that as straight as possible.

Here is a pic of my day job.

Fooled you all, I'm retired.

I saw you doing that the other day.

When are you gonna stop by my job site? I'll be there most of the day tomorrow running the excavator. I'm on Miguel bustamante parkway in Colton.

I saw you doing that the other day.

When are you gonna stop by my job site? I'll be there most of the day tomorrow running the excavator. I'm on Miguel bustamante parkway in Colton.

I think he's afraid you'll put him to work if he shows up...;)

I heard he hired some armed guards so when I arrive, he'll shoot to kill.

Back