Pressurized toilet question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum' started by wraptorman, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 6, 2011 #1

wraptorman

wraptorman

wraptorman

We bought a house that has 3 pressurized toilets. 1 of them is not fuctioning any longer but a new one is like twice as much as a normal toilet. Plus the pressurized toilets take forever for a second flush:D
    Would there be any reason that we couldnt buy a gravity toilet as these pressurized ones go bad? We are on a septic system and a well system if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

2. Oct 6, 2011 #2

Redwood

Redwood

Redwood

Certified Lunatic

The pressure assisted toilets tend to be loud flushing, and a bit on the expensive side to repair. Some of the brands other than the Sloan Flushmate system have also been orphaned...

You can replace them with a gravity flush toilet and with the right brand and models get comparable flushing performance...

May I suggest a Toto Drake II toilet which is my personal favorite...

3. Oct 7, 2011 #3

wraptorman

wraptorman

wraptorman

Um thank you for the answer and the suggestion but i am not gonna pay $500 for something i crap in lol. I will be getting the $75 one piece from the depot haha.

4. Oct 7, 2011 #4

Redwood

Redwood

Redwood

Certified Lunatic

Actually you will find that they actually sell for quite a bit less than the MSRP...
    Around $300 is what I usually pay...
    I know Terry Love up in Bothell sells them about that price as well...

Of course when you consider that a toilet is often in a home for 20 years and the average person uses it 4 times per day reliability is something to consider as well as water savings...

With Toto I have been installing the brand for about 7 years now and have never yet had a defective one out of the box and have never had a callback in the warranty period. The Toto Drake II has a very strong flush MaP Report rated at 800 grams of solids per flush and in all likelihood you will never need to use a plunger on it! The toilet has a Sanigloss finish which will require less cleaning and the design has a superior bowl wash over many toilets. It also uses only 1.28 gallons of water per flush and will save about 1,424 gallons per person per year over a 1.6 gallon per flush toilet.

Now your cheapo toilet from the Depot...
    The lowest price 1 piece in your nearest Depot is a Kohler Santa Rosa for $278 which is a dog when it comes to flushing...
    So I guess 2 piece Depot cheapo is what you will get...

The good old Glacier Bay 2-Piece Round Front 1.6 GPF All-In-One Toilet - White for $78....
    Well you will get what you pay for...
    A toilet that barely flushes a wad of toilet paper, nevermind the "Big Dump" so the plunger will be parked right next to it and you'll be an expert at using one...
    The MaP Test rates the flush at 300 grams of solids per flush....
    The bolts attaching the tank to the bowl are zinc plated steel which will rust out and leak after a couple of years and the other parts in the tank are "Made in China" by the lowest bidder worldwide... :eek:

Great customer reviews on the Home Cheapo Website too...

Hey.. My plumbing works! :rolleyes:
    Good Luck to ya bud...
    I use the good stuff because my living depends on what I install working and keeping my customers happy....:cool:

5. Oct 9, 2011 #5

wraptorman

wraptorman

wraptorman

Its funny how you trash talk the "Depot Cheapo" and post the negative reviews but why not tell the whole story?

Now im not saying this is a great toilet, just maybe better than what your trying to portray it as. 75% is not great but well more people like it than not.

I do appriciate your passion when it comes to crappers though lol

6. Oct 9, 2011 #6

oldognewtrick

oldognewtrick

oldognewtrick

Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Can't see where Redwood is trash talking, merely voicing his experience with the Cheapo models. I kinda think he has more than a little experience with these things.

7. Oct 9, 2011 #7

wraptorman

wraptorman

wraptorman

I dont know if he was trash talking exactly but the fact that 75% of the people are happy with the toilet was left out thats all im saying.

If you want to go by reviews i shop alot at amazon and this toilet only has a 71% approval rating :D

Again, all im saying is not everybody can afford an expensive toilet and we are one of those families. We will get the depot cheapo and keep a plunger nearby. Besides i haven't found any toilet that could handle one of my power dumps without a coat hanger no matter how much it costs :banana:

8. Oct 9, 2011 #8

Redwood

Redwood

Redwood

Certified Lunatic

So buy it already!

Like I said my plumbing works...
    It's yours that seems to have the problem...

9. Oct 9, 2011 #9

wraptorman

wraptorman

wraptorman

I did, so far so good, ill let you know how well it performs after tonites meat loaf :D.
    BTW the toilet that is broke is an expensive one.

10. Oct 9, 2011 #10

Redwood

Redwood

Redwood

Certified Lunatic

No skip it...
    Give the report in 6 months after you've replaced every part in it....

No while you may have overpaid for it the toilet is a POS with a supercharger mounted on it...

Best of luck with your purchase...:rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.