Project Vehicles

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PC310035.jpg

PC310042.jpg

And the Buick 225 V6 going in it:
PC310044.jpg

looks cool is that a recent pic or do you have it running yet?:thumbsup:

If you're asking me, sadly, no it's not very recent :(
I actually haven't even touched the thing in over a year. Those pictures were taken at our old shop at my grandparents' house, and I've since moved all my stuff over to MY shop at our new house.
Everything except the jeep. I just don't have the electrical I need at my shop yet or the time to go over there to do anything on it.

jeepnTXJ:

You got a great project jeep going there. ;)

Wish I had a nice straight CJ like that.:)

Tell us your plans when you do get to work on her.:thumbsup:

WE have been working on a '69 firebird 400 for a while now.

when it arrived

On the rotisserie

Where we are at now

We have not been able to work on it for a couple of months but will start back soon.

that is looking awesome. you are doing it right. get the body right and everything else will follow. can't wait to see your progress.:thumbsup:

mikeb,

That 69 Firebird is coming along really nice.

I drove a 69 convertible in the homecoming parade in high school. It was red/red.

Yours will be super. Keep us updated.

Thanks for the compliments guys. This one is a 400, turbo 400 car w/AC. Green on Green from the factory, will be carousel red w/ blk vinyl top and black interior.

that is looking awesome. you are doing it right. get the body right and everything else will follow. can't wait to see your progress.:thumbsup:

I noticed your screen name so I'll show you whats been getting in the way of working on the bird.

A friends 65 vert and it needed everything ! Floors ,rockers ,inner and outer wheel houses. rear frame rails trunk pan ,lower rearvalance and on and on.

that car is going to be cool too. I like looking at convetibles I love the look. I myself have found that I don't really like driving them though. weird.

here is a picture of the 67 that I just picked up out here in utah. the body shop did an awesome job. this is just a crappy cell phone picture I will get better ones later. the metal is dead straight. the lines are awesome. all new door hardware. new front and rear glass. I had them spray pickup bedliner on the whole underside and under the fenders this will cut down on the sound and heat. I also had a rock kick up under my 65 that dented the front fender so I had them bed linered on the 67 to prevent that. here is the first pic. after I put the front and rear suspension on it and got it off the lift. man I love my shop but I am so jealous of my friends body shop he has 3 of these 11,000 pound lifts.

67stang.jpg

Nice car, Alift is on my list but I keep buy ing cars to work on instead .

Project vehicles? Do you mean the experimental one? I have seen some weird pictures of it when I browse the net. LOL. Funny but true. :D

ProMo,
Thats a great rotisserie! did you build that or buy it?

only if you drop it off at my house. those old cjs are awesome. does it have the v-8 in it?

Its a straight six.

Runs good after she gets warmed up.

Have done oil and filter, lube, plugs, wires, rotor, cap, pcv valve.

Also added new BFGs and they run much smoother down the road. Old Firestones tread looked good but were dry rottted. Added a removable tow bar.

Small amount of body work, sanded, primed and repainted with silver clear coat. Continuing to remove parts a few at a time, wire brushing, prime and painting black.

View attachment JeepAugust 5 017.jpg

View attachment Labor Day 2010 065.jpg

View attachment 4008AlaskaSeptOct 031.jpg

that car is going to be cool too. I like looking at convetibles I love the look. I myself have found that I don't really like driving them though. weird.

here is a picture of the 67 that I just picked up out here in utah. the body shop did an awesome job. this is just a crappy cell phone picture I will get better ones later. the metal is dead straight. the lines are awesome. all new door hardware. new front and rear glass. I had them spray pickup bedliner on the whole underside and under the fenders this will cut down on the sound and heat. I also had a rock kick up under my 65 that dented the front fender so I had them bed linered on the 67 to prevent that. here is the first pic. after I put the front and rear suspension on it and got it off the lift. man I love my shop but I am so jealous of my friends body shop he has 3 of these 11,000 pound lifts.

67stang.jpg

pic must have been moved so I will repost it. and I am not nearly as jealous of my friends shop now that I have my own lift.

67stang.jpg

Back