Project Vehicles

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homer

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of their project vehicles?

I have an el camino I am working on but no place to put the pics.

'94 jeep cherokee here. Current project is body armour. Lots of 1/4" steel plate waiting to be cut or welded...

--Bushytails

I have a dingo kart I am converting to electric/solar no pics yet.

'86 Jeep CJ7!

PICT0380.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZYWp5zb1Fo[/ame]

my project car ;P

Not my car, but it is a project Im working on in my garage. Its a '37 Ford.

Picture1983.jpg

Picture1972.jpg

Picture1948.jpg

Picture1932.jpg

Damn, CJ Chet...that's a nice looking Jeep! Nice work!

I'm pretty sure that I'm done with the work on my 96 Mustang, for now anyway.... I have a 96 Bronco in my driveway with the rear suspension taken apart. I wish I got the Bronco in the garage before I started messing with it :)

I'm pretty sure that I'm done with the work on my 96 Mustang, for now anyway.... I have a 96 Bronco in my driveway with the rear suspension taken apart. I wish I got the Bronco in the garage before I started messing with it :)

Broncos, even with the 44 TTB, wheel surprisingly well... and you can fit 38" tires with just trimming and no lift.... Make sure you build real bumpers, though - the stock ones are quite flimsy. :)

--Bushytails
(who had one of hir bumpers ran through a telephone pole... without even the slightest hint of a dent!)

I have a 1970 Jeepster Commando I have been working on as a project vehicle.

Today I also added the repair of my 1992 Jeep wrangler with an unintended dip into some water that was bit to deep. #6 piston rod is broke and slapping the inside of theoil pan so Now I have 2 jeep projects.

Look for a cherokee to pull the engine from. most are driven by soccer moms and retired with good engines. :)

--Bushytails

I have a 67 chevy truck and a 75 ih scout.

gonna have a 67 c10. i have it stored. my great grandfather bought it new.

had an 87 mustang gt that i got sick of and sold before i finished.

have a 2000 jeep tj project that is almost finished.

thinking about a mutant buell project. seems the thing to do with gas prices the way they are.

I bought a junkyard 67 mustang a few years ago. it was a fairly complete car but was basically just good for the shell. I disassembled it and had it media blasted. then I took it to a friend of mine who owns a body shop where I used to live. I told him there was no hurry just work on it when you have time that way I can just pay a little at a time and not one big bill at the end. well that was about 3 years ago. as you know any body shop that is good has very little free time. anyway it is done now I had him paint it viper blue and undercoat it with rhino liner so the underside will be better protected. I do not have any pictures of it since it has been painted because I have not seen it yet. I moved to iowa 2 years ago so next week I get to drive out to utah and pick it up. I have a 2006 f250 quad cab lariat turbo diesel and a 22 foot haulmark trailer to put it in so it will be a fun trip. the only bad part is it is still a shell. it was a 6 cylinder and I plan to put a 5.0 that I bought off ebay out of an 89 mustang. I have the machine work done on it and need to asseble it. it also still has the 6 cylinder suspension with 13 inch wheels that I can't even get tires for so when they restored it they put it on a rotisserie and removed the suspension so I have all the v-8 suspension here so I need to put all the new suspension components and new wheels and tires on it when I get out there should be fun. here are a few before pictures.

user40140_pic2034_1257268575.jpg

this is my other truck and trailer that I used to take it to the media blaster.

laurelscamera016.jpg

laurelscamera001.jpg

laurelscamera102.jpg

that is after it was media blasted and primered. and that is the last I have seen it. it will be like christmas when I get out there. I had him paint it all viper blue so it will need some chrome and pinstriping or something to tone it down a bit but I am excited to start on it. I powdercoated the axle and I bought new v-8 springs and spring plates that I will be installing as well as all new front springs and shocks. should be fun!

here is a picture of the 9 inch rear axle that will be going in the 67. I powdercoated it with my little eastwood powder coating tool. new springs and u-bolts. a little natural cast iron paint for the diff. I think it looks great. can't wait to get it under the car.:thumbsup:

IMG_0799.jpg

here is a picture of the 9 inch rear axle that will be going in the 67. I powdercoated it with my little eastwood powder coating tool. new springs and u-bolts. a little natural cast iron paint for the diff. I think it looks great. can't wait to get it under the car.:thumbsup:

IMG_0799.jpg

You had me at :D :rockin: :D

That looks hawt.

Latest posts

Back