re-wiring house

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crlzmmrr

Reaction score
I am getting my house re-wired.
I have a gas oven but it does have an electrical plug for the number displays, etc.
It occurs to me that the electrical box is underneath the back of the oven, on the floor,
and the line runs through the cabinet (out-of-sight), and the oven is fitted into a cabinet on the floor.
Does this mean that this electric line will not be able to be re-wired, and the original wiring will be kept?

Welcome.
Not necessarily and the question would be best answered by the CO. you have contracted with.

Gas appliance use a 120v elec. supply for a number of things, such as igniters and digital displays. The appliance generally comes from the vendor with a cord, or pigtail which is either plugged into an available recepticle or hard wired.

Where the 120v supply is located in the cabinetry is incidental, because it can be relocated.

Last edited:
ok.
Thank you for answering. I will ask the CO when he comes back Monday.
I just all of a sudden panicked when I thought of it last night.
I hate to think the Electrician would need to destroy my re-faced cabinets
looking for the electrical recepticle.

That probably wouldn't happen. Appliance are installed and can be removed, for service, or to be replaced.

The answer might lie in the contracts verbiage, in that it may address the removal of fixed or installed fixtures and appliances, or the responsibility for.

Back