Removing Recessed Light from Ceiling

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

expos4ever

Reaction score
Hello. I am trying to remove this light from the ceiling. Note the three tabs separated by 120 degrees - am I supposed to"press" them as part of the removal process? That does not seem very practical, not least since I have only 2 hands and there are 3 tabs. Note, also, that the white ring "pivots" when you push it, presumably to change the direction of illumination - is it possible that you also need to pivot the ring to change the bulb? I tried pressing on the face of the bulb with my fingers and rotating counterclockwise - I was able to get the bulb to rotate a bit, but I am not sure that this accomplished anything. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

LED.jpg

Looks like the 3 tabs is the way to go. try using 3 Popsicle sticks or such. Chances are if you do two that side will start out and then you can do the third.

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

If you know who made it you can go online looking for parts for it, for the real purpose of seeing an Exploded View & so possibly figuring out how it is assembled.

I guess OEMs don't like DIYers. :(

If you know who made it you can go online looking for parts for it, for the real purpose of seeing an Exploded View & so possibly figuring out how it is assembled.

I guess OEMs don't like DIYers. :(
Thanks for the suggestion however I cannot find the name of the manufacturer.

Almost any clerk in one of these lighting stores may blurt out the Maker name once he or she sees your photo.

Back