Ring alarm

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobc

Reaction score
I have a Ring doorbell+camera. When someone rings the doorbell, it sends a notification to my phone through the app, but it doesn't actually make a doorbell noise. If I don't have my phone on me, I don't hear anything. Is this normal, or a bug? What do you need to do to make the Ring actually chime like a doorbell? Thanks a lot.

Tap spoke on right of your front door camera, verify all is good in your device health, then fine tune in device settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230610_213404_Ring.jpg
    Screenshot_20230610_213404_Ring.jpg
    691.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230610_213413_Ring.jpg
    Screenshot_20230610_213413_Ring.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 0
I have an extra device Ring sells that plugs into the wall and it has a chime that goes off in the house whenever the motion sensor is tripped. Also when I installed my outdoor unit I was replacing an old wired door bell. I connected those two wires and they provide power to keep the unit charged. Along with charging the unit they also ring the old doorbell. I normally hear the motion one first and if it is a delivery the door bell wont ring as they don’t push the button. When I hear the button I know someone is standing there and I take a look on my phone to see who it is.

I think the extra chime unit is great to have.

Last edited:
I too have the auxiliary Ring chime. I agree, it makes the system work better. 1686508259715913102224027804538.jpg

Thank you all very much. Solved. I think the main issue was actually my app needed updated. In the updated app, I can set the doorbell to ring the chime, notify the phone, or both, and everything works as it should.

Back