Rollout switch tripping after replacing inducer motor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jons999

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I noticed the bearings on my inducer motor were squealing so I replaced the inducer before it could fail. The old motor was a fasco 20190601, the hvac supply store crossed it to a 0171M00001S part number. The motors are a slightly different design but it was a direct fit. After that one of the flame rollout switches kept tripping, about 3 times in one day. I pulled the motor back out and double checked the gasket and installation and everything seemed fine. The rollout switch tripped two more times the next day and after that was fine for 2 weeks. Today the switch tripped once again. I still cannot find any issues, nor do I see any flame rollout, but I havent caught it when it actually trips. Is it possible the new inducer isn’t moving enough air? The new motor runs at 400 rpm less but I could not find cfm ratings for either motor. Intake and exhaust pipes are all clear and like I said the furnace never had this issue until about an hour after replacing that motor.

Thanks,
Jon

assuming a 120V motor, no chance of it running backwards.
the only thing that comes to mind is a bad heat exchanger.
rollout switches are only a couple of bucks, replace it and see what happens.

Back